Our Brick Making workshop
This workshop will last for 40 minutes.
The objective of this workshop is to explore the properties of clay, learn about the history of brick making and imagine the life of a Victorian child working in a bricks factory.
• Learn about where clay is found and discuss the process through which clay becomes waterproof.
• Explore the evidence we that Victorian children worked in brick factories.
• Make a brick using Victorian techniques.
• Learn a brief history of the brick making industry.
• Experiment with different wall building styles.
• Learn the names given to different brick building techniques and patterns.