Working with Straw Beginners Experience Day
‘Working with Straw’ an introduction course designed for beginners as an introduction into the art of corn dolly making.
During the course there will be the opportunity to learn a little of the history of straw craft from its role in pagan times, the hat trade, through to the decorative uses of today. You will learn how to prepare the old variety of wheat straw that will be used during the day, and a selection of different plaits and techniques, using them to create different designs, for example: a Countryman’s Favour, heart, glory braid, together with ideas of how to decorate them. No previous experience necessary.
There will be a short lunch break, please bring a packed lunch or you can purchase a light lunch from our Tea Room.
Included in your experience
- Tuition from our experienced course leader
- All equipment and materials
- Tea and coffee
- Participants can take home everything that they have made on the day
£35 per person and £30 per additional person, when booked together.
Length of workshop: 10.30 am-3.30 pm
Minimum age: 16
Number of participants: 6
- Saturday 28th April 2018 – 3 places remaining
- Saturday 21st July 2018 – 4 places remaining
- Saturday 22nd September 2018 – 6 places available