Vital fundraising and support for the Museum
About the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum
The Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum are a fantastic organisation of loyal supporters. They provide invaluable assistance by raising thousands of pounds each year to keep the Museum going by selling goods through their Friends Centre Shop, organising fundraising events and attending local shows and events every year and would really appreciate your support. Membership is free to Annual Pass Holders.
Friends of the Museum events 2017
The Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum will be held at the Museum on Sunday 19th March at 12 noon in Skippings Barn.
The meeting will be followed by a Bring and Share finger-buffet lunch (hot and cold soft drinks provided). All Friends are very welcome to attend.
The committee remains without a chairman and there are other vacancies to be filled. It’s a great way to get more involved with the Friends. Anyone interested in joining should contact the Secretary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Museum on 01494 871117.
Annual Auction – Saturday 18th November 2017 at Chalfont St Peter Community Centre.
Dates of other Friends events this year to be advised.
Friends of the Museum events 2016
We’re pleased to record the success of events held last year:
The Wine Tasting on 24th June raised £200
The Quiz Supper on 15th October raised £1,000
The Auction on 19th November raised £4,000
Thank you to everyone who supported us in raising these funds for the Museum.
200 Club Monthly Draw
Congratulations to the winners of the Draw for the last quarter of the 200 Club new year. They each win £25.00.
January – No.67 Dr K Baggaley
February – No.64 Mr D Rowland
March – No.57 Miss J R Carr
The 200 Club new year will start on 1st April. The 200 Club is open to anyone to subscribe (not just Friends), so please join and encourage others to do so. It is an easy way to support the Friends and could bring a financial benefit to yourself. The annual contribution remains at just £13 per number and one person may apply for more than one number. A registration form will be posted out with our Pre-Season letter to all Friends currently on our database and forms are also available at the Museum or by request to email@example.com
How can you help us as a friend?
There are several ways in which you can help us and we hope you will find something amongst the suggested list below that appeals to you.
- Stewarding the Maidenhead Pavilion Friends Centre (The Friends’ own charity shop at the Museum) especially at weekends and during the week in school holidays. If interested contact Diane Thomas via the Museum or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donating unwanted presents, good condition bric-a-brac, books and toys to sell in the Friends Centre. You can leave all donations (no clothes please!) at the ticket office or bring into the Friends Centre if open. If bulky, please contact Diane Thomas (as above)
- Growing plants to sell at the Friends Centre (contact Diane Thomas, as above)
- Joining the team of jam/marmalade makers whose produce is sold in the Friends Centre. Clean jars and labels are supplied and you can be reimbursed for ingredients. If interested contact Gill Cassidy via the Museum, or email: email@example.com or phone her on 01844 344461
- Manning stalls at local fetes and shows to promote and raise the profile of the Museum
- Making cakes to sell
- Supporting us at social and fundraising events
- Joining the Friends Committee – we currently have vacancies.
If you can help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact as above.
Contacting the Friends
If you would like to contact the Friends of the Museum, please email email@example.com or write to the Secretary, Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum, Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4AB.