15th – 16th August
The year is 1585 and the community are hopeful of a good harvest.
Come and enjoy a family day back in time to see how the Tudor farming community worked.
- Watch the preparations for Tudor meals
- Help the women making balms to calm the blisters and sunburn of the workers in the field
- Meet the Reeve, the farmers and the hired hands throughout the day and help them with their work
- Attend the Village Green Hiring Fair in the hope of being chosen to work on the farm
- Hear all about the work on a Tudor farm in our traditional threshing barn
- Help with the harvest in the rye fields
- Visit our Tudor building, Arborfield Barn and try out some Tudor games
- Play traditional games on the Village Green