Fun family activities every day
Here is a list of our top things to do at Chiltern Open Air Museum. Let us know if you have any suggestions of your own.
- Construct model buildings in Northolt Barn
- Explore the site with one of our free ‘I Spy’ sheets, available from the Ticket Office
- Try on a WWI uniform in the Nissen Hut and listen to fighter planes roaring overhead!
- Play in our adventure playground which is inspired by the historic buildings found at the Museum
- Have a chat with the animals – including our cows, sheep, chickens and goats
- Explore the Woodland Walk and visit the bird hide
- “Spend a penny” in real Edwardian Public Conveniences!
- Put your spare change down the Wellhead on the Village Green and hear the well spirits talk
- Play with historic children’s games in Thame Vicarage Room and the 1940s Amersham Prefab
- Try on our Victorian accessories in Haddenham Croft Cottage and take some great selfies