A working farm, using historic buildings, skills and machinery
- The Museum runs a small working Chilterns farm, demonstrating and preserving traditional farming techniques and machinery.
- The museum’s farm buildings are laid out and used as a classic Chilterns farmstead that might have formed the heart of a local farm from 1800 to 1950.
- The farm buildings include a granary from Rossway, a big threshing barn from Chalfont-St-Peter which houses our restored threshing machine, a stable and cart shed from Marsworth, and a cattle byre from Borehamwood.
Things to do:
- Learn about traditional dairying in the display in Borehamwood Cattle Byre.
- Try to decipher the Victorian children’s graffiti in Rossway Granary.
- Say hello to our farm cats.
- On special farm event days, have a go at traditional farming techniques with the guidance of our volunteers.