Be a part of the new Chilterns Summer Festival in 2020
Our friends, The Chilterns Conservation Board, are running a new Heritage Lottery Funded project called Chalk, Cherries and Chairs Landscape Partnership. As part of this project they are running an exciting Chilterns Summer Festival in 2020, to help promote the Chilterns and its unique heritage and landscape. Chiltern Open Air Museum are taking part in it and you can get involved too!
Are you a local artist/ business/ organisation or just someone who loves a good day out in the Chilterns?
As part of the brand-new Heritage Lottery Funded Chalk, Cherries and Chairs Landscape Partnership, the Chilterns Summer Festival offers a 9-day schedule of fun, educational and family friendly events across the Central Chilterns.
Chalk, Cherries & Chairs (CCC) is an ambitious five-year scheme which aims to connect local people to the wildlife and cultural heritage of the Central Chilterns. The scheme operates under three themes – wildlife, heritage and people – each project that falls under these three themes are all designed with the Chilterns landscape in mind. There will be no less than eighteen interweaving projects which share common threads, including volunteering, learning and digital media. The scheme will also provide small grants to encourage community initiatives.
The CCC aims to engage and empower local communities in the Chilterns, while conserving the breath-taking character of this region we call home. From 13 – 21 June 2020, the CCC will be putting on a wide range of fun and informative events, to bring communities together and ensure everyone has a great time celebrating the Chilterns and its unique heritage and landscape.
What kind of events will the festival include?
- Brewery tasting and tours
- Outdoor cinema events
- Guided walks
- Cherry themed events
- Family-fun days in town centres
- Light shows and installations
- Adventure suppers
- Music and dance performances
- And much more!
The Chilterns Conservation Board are very excited to be working with lots of local businesses, farmers, and community groups on this new festival (which will run annually until 2024) and would love to work with more as well.
What are they looking for?
- Volunteers (to help at town centre events, first aid, stewarding, communications help, etc)
- Local businesses who want to: host an event, sponsor an event, showcase their products, have a stall at one of the events
- Community groups, to work with them on unique community centred events that reflect a community’s needs and interests
- Sponsors: these events will be advertised across the Chilterns and offer a great opportunity to gain widespread exposure for your brand and business in this region. Sponsorship is flexible and CCB are happy to discuss arrangements which work for both parties.
If you would like to find out more about the Chalk, Cherries and Chairs projects, you can visit the CCB website
To learn more about the festival and upcoming events or volunteering opportunities, sign up for their newsletter
For any further information, or press opportunities, please contact Elizabeth Buckley, Communications and Community Engagement Officer of the CCC on firstname.lastname@example.org