Learn about Elizabethan life in this fun family event
30th April – 1st May
An exciting living history May Bank Holiday event
Discover life in the 16th Century and meet costumed re-enactors in the Museum’s historic buildings. Watch as the Elizabethans duel for your entertainment, and watch exciting displays of artillery from the longbow to the gun in this family friendly, living history event.
- Visit the encampment on Leagrave Common, meet costumed re-enactors and learn about life in Elizabethan England
- Enjoy Elizabethan music played on authentic reproduction instruments throughout the day
- Watch an exciting display of swordsmanship (11 am)
- Let the kids take part in the Childrens’ Bill Drill (1 pm) and see if they’ve got what it takes to be a member of the militia! (Limited numbers)
- Discover how the longbow gave way to the gun in an action-packed firepower display at 3.30 pm (loud noises: may not be suitable for very young children or dogs)
- Have a go at Elizabethan dancing on the Village Green (immediately after Childrens’ Bill Drill and Firepower displays)
- See the Museum’s new spring lambs in the fields or traditional lambing fold
- Treat yourself to refreshments or lunch including freshly-cooked BBQ food (12 – 3 pm).
Please be aware that all timings and activities are subject to change and weather.
Standard admission prices apply. Free entry for Annual Pass holders.
Please note that Tesco Clubcard vouchers cannot be used on Bank Holiday Monday.