Learn about the Women’s Suffrage Movement
23rd – 24th June
Come and learn about the brave women involved in the women’s Suffrage movement and see them in action as they fight, march, sing and campaign for the cause.
- Learn about the Women’s Suffrage Movement in this family-friendly Suffragettes event
- Watch physical and exciting demonstrations showing how a team of Edwardian ladies were able to protect the leaders of the Women’s Suffrage Movement from arrest, armed with only determination, cunning and training in the martial art of Jiu-Jitsu 12pm and 3pm
- Visit the WSPU (Women’s Social and Political Union) recruiting stall: will you join the cause?
- Meet costumed re-enactors, listen to Suffragette songs and learn about this fascinating period of history
- Listen to a traditional Edwardian musician singing music hall songs (Sunday only)
- Peek at the Edwardian Curiosity Show (Saturday only)
- Vote for Goat: Take part in our weekend vote to name one of our kid goats
Special Saturday choir performances
On the Saturday women members of the Watford Palace Theatre Community Choir and the Claremont Singers from Windsor will be adding to the fray, singing suffragette songs under the direction of Musical Director Stephen Merrony. The choir will perform at 11.30am and 2.30pm in Northolt Barn.
Listen to Amersham Rock Choir’s flash mob tour as over 100 choir members perform onsite outside the ticket office. 1.15pm (Saturday only)
Standard admission prices apply. Free entry for Annual Pass holders.
All activities are weather dependent and subject to change.