Hours: Part-time (see details below)
We are looking for a second cleaner to join our small cleaning team. Applicants must be 18 or over, reliable, with experience of cleaning, and able to provide references. Conservation cleaning training will be provided. This is 45-acre site and the buildings are spread out, so there will be a fair amount of walking involved, as well as the physical work of cleaning. Please note that the Museum is not accessible by public transport, so applicants will need a car.
Saturday &/or Sunday shifts of approximately 2.5 hours per day (dependent on visitor numbers)
5 hours conservation cleaning per week (these hours are flexible to be agreed with applicant)
There will also be other opportunities to work more hours to support events and weddings at the Museum.
We try to be as flexible as possible with working times please contact us to discuss this.
Please note: The work is seasonal from February to November inclusive (the Museum is not open to visitors for the rest of the year).
There is one other regular cleaner who works on week days and we draw up a cleaning rota. As long as the cleaning gets done, you can swap shifts by mutual agreement.
- Clean toilets at three locations throughout the site – one clean per day: 08:00 – 11.00 or 16:00 – 19:00
- Empty bins at various locations around the site
- 5 hours per week conservation cleaning in our exhibit buildings
- Occasional cleans for other buildings (including the Tea Room)
- Support cleaning at weddings and functions (there are 12 weddings per year, plus several birthday parties)
Applicants will be given full training on conservation cleaning.
Applicants must be 18 or over, reliable, with experience of cleaning, and able to provide references.
To start: ASAP
To apply please email Lizzie Dunford, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org