Are you interested in playing a vital part in bringing our 45 acre site and over 30 historic buildings to life while making sure our visitors have an unforgettable experience?
We are looking for new Volunteers to join the Museum’s brilliant Events Team. Having a very busy events program throughout the year, mainly during our opening season from March to October, there is something on almost every weekend! This means that there is always plenty to do for the Events Team and they would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining them.
So, what will you be doing?
There are plenty of different opportunities within the busy team and jobs vary greatly depending on specific events. So among other things as a member of the team you might be:
- Helping to prepare for the event – this might involve creating and preparing crafts and activities, crafting decorations as well as participating in planning meetings and getting involved with the required research.
- Assisting in preparing the site for the Event which might include setting up and tidying away activity space, decorating, moving tables and chairs and getting the buildings ready for in-house events or private hires such as weddings.
- A friendly face for all visitors attending the event, answering questions and encouraging people to get involved.
- Overseeing and supporting family activities such as crafts or trails on event days.
- Assisting at large scale events such as the Enchanted Museum Event or our Halloween Spectacular Event – this might involve directing visitors, providing information, facilitating children’s activities, car parking assistance or catering support.
- Approaching visitors to gather feedback on the event by filling in comment cards or questionnaires.
This role is perfect for you if you are:
- A team player with a cheerful, positive, can-do attitude and an open mind who takes pride in a job well done.
- Creative with an interest in learning new skills and trying new things.
- Happy to sometimes work alone and unsupervised.
- Able to stay calm in a busy environment and able to use your own initiative.
- Available at weekends and school holidays as well as occasional evenings (desirable but there are weekday opportunities as well)
- Comfortable working with the public including children.
- Passionate about Chiltern Open Air Museum and our cause.
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weathers on occasion if needed.
What’s in it for you? Well, joining our fantastic volunteer team is worth it! You will:
- Be part of a friendly, inspiring and dedicated team and find lots of new friends.
- Build on your existing experience, be creative, hands-on and learn new skills.
- Get behind the scenes at the Museum and learn about our work.
- Get active, have fun and engage with a diverse range of people while working both outdoors and indoors in a beautiful, fascinating environment.
- Be an integral part of our visitor experience and make a real difference to our work and to the people in your community.
- Be able to volunteer in a way that suits your busy life – the role is very flexible requiring no regular commitment.
- This is a “Micro Volunteering” Opportunity! This means you could even support us from home with only as little as a couple of minutes of your time required!
How to apply