Vital fundraising and support for the Museum
About the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum
The Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum are a fantastic organisation of loyal supporters. They provide invaluable assistance by raising thousands of pounds each year to keep the Museum going by selling goods through their Friends Centre Shop, organising fundraising events and attending local shows and events every year and would really appreciate your support. Membership is free to Annual Pass Holders.
Friends of the Museum events 2017
Annual Auction – Saturday 18th November 2017 at Chalfont St Peter Community Centre.
Dates of other Friends events this year to be advised.
Friends of the Museum events 2016
We’re pleased to record the success of events held last year:
The Wine Tasting on 24th June raised £200
The Quiz Supper on 15th October raised £1,000
The Auction on 19th November raised £4,000
Thank you to everyone who supported us in raising these funds for the Museum.
200 Club Monthly Draw
The winning numbers for the big prizes at the end of the 200 Club year 2016-2017 were drawn at the Friends Annual General Meeting on 19th March. Congratulations to the winners:
1st prize (£100) – Mr Tom Crosby (no.16)
2nd prize (£50) – Miss Jill Carr (no.58)
3rd prize (£25) – Mrs Christine Jeffery (no.50)
Report of the Friends Annual General Meeting 2017
The 34th Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum was held at the Museum on Sunday 19th March 2017.
The meeting included a report on the financial year to 31st October 2016, highlighting that the Friends donated £23,500 to the Museum during that year. Two large donations had been received from generous donors who preferred to keep their name anonymous from the Museum and therefore passed the money through the Friends’ Treasurer. This comprised £6,250 for site development and £5,000 for refurbishment of the Friends Centre (Maidenhead Pavilion). Other income came from sales of items in the Friends Centre, representation at outside events, the annual Auction, the annual Quiz, a Wine Tasting, and the 200 Club draw.
The committee remains without a chairman, but the existing members were re-elected: Dick Lister (Treasurer), Tricia Phillips (Secretary), Tom Crosby, Diane Thomas, Doreen Toomey and Judy Snook. Following the meeting we were delighted to receive some expressions of interest in joining the committee and we look forward to co-opting new committee members soon.
How can you help us as a friend?
There are several ways in which you can help us and we hope you will find something amongst the suggested list below that appeals to you.
- Stewarding the Maidenhead Pavilion Friends Centre (The Friends’ own charity shop at the Museum) especially at weekends and during the week in school holidays. If interested contact Diane Thomas via the Museum or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donating unwanted presents, good condition bric-a-brac, books and toys to sell in the Friends Centre. You can leave all donations (no clothes please!) at the ticket office or bring into the Friends Centre if open. If bulky, please contact Diane Thomas (as above)
- Growing plants to sell at the Friends Centre (contact Diane Thomas, as above)
- Joining the team of jam/marmalade makers whose produce is sold in the Friends Centre. Clean jars and labels are supplied and you can be reimbursed for ingredients. If interested contact Gill Cassidy via the Museum, or email: email@example.com or phone her on 01844 344461
- Manning stalls at local fetes and shows to promote and raise the profile of the Museum
- Making cakes to sell
- Supporting us at social and fundraising events
- Joining the Friends Committee – we currently have vacancies.
If you can help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact as above.
Contacting the Friends
If you would like to contact the Friends of the Museum, please email email@example.com or write to the Secretary, Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum, Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4AB.