Vital fundraising and support for the Museum
About the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum
The Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum are a fantastic organisation of loyal supporters. They provide invaluable assistance by raising thousands of pounds each year to keep the Museum going by selling goods through their Friends Centre Shop, organising fundraising events and attending local shows and events every year and would really appreciate your support. Membership is free. You can sign up here
The Friends can and do act as a conduit for anyone wishing to provide a donation towards the Museum but who wish their donation to remain anonymous. We can liaise with the Museum on your behalf, claim the Gift Aid, and release the funds as and when the Museum needs them, whilst maintaining your confidentiality.
Friends Annual General Meeting 2020
Notice of the 37th Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum was duly given for the meeting to take place on Saturday 21st March 2020. Owing to the Covid-19 pandemic the meeting had to be cancelled.
In lieu of the meeting, the following papers that would have been presented at the AGM were circulated to members with the opportunity to comment or accept the reports:
• Minutes of the 36th Annual General Meeting held on 19th March 2019
• The Annual Accounts for the year 1st November 2018 to 31st October 2019
• A report from the committee including names of Officers and Committee members prepared to be re-elected
In the absence of any objections, the following items were taken as agreed:
1. Minutes of the 36th Annual General Meeting held on 19th March 2019 were agreed.
2. The Annual Accounts for the year ended 31st October 2019 were accepted.
3. Huw Jones was re-appointed as the Independent Examiner of the Accounts.
4. The committee is currently without a Chairman. Dick Lister was re-appointed as Treasurer and Tricia Phillips was re-appointed as Secretary.
5. The committee members were re-appointed: Diane Thomas, Doreen Toomey, Judy Snook, Alison Farlie and Barbara Hayes.
6. The Annual Draw of the 200 Club for the year 2019-2020 was deferred to take place at the next meeting of the Friends Committee.
200 Club Draw 2020-21
The Monthly draw gives 2 prizes of £20 and £15. In addition, an Annual draw will take place at the Friends AGM in March 2021, with 3 prizes of £100, £50 and £20.
The winners for the first quarter of this year are:
April: No. 40 – Mrs C Morton No. 36 – Mrs G Cassidy
May: No. 48 – Mrs A Lister No. 87 – Mr R Crombie
June: No. 14 – Mr J Corteen No. 53 – Mrs C Jones
Friends of the Museum events 2019
Annual Quiz Supper
The Quiz on 19th October was a hugely successful evening thanks to all who attended and filled the hall to capacity. Ticket sales and the well supported raffle raised around £900 to be passed over to the Museum.
The Auction on 16th November exceeded last year’s total and raised about £3,000 for the Museum. Thank you to all who helped in any way to make this such a worthwhile event. The next Auction is booked for Saturday 21st November 2020.
Thank you to everyone who contributed towards our fundraising during 2019.
200 Club Draw 2019-20
The Annual draw has now taken place. Congratulations to the lucky winners.
1st prize (£100): No. 85 – Mr B Shafe
2nd prize (£50): No. 20 – Mr G Howell
3rd prize (£20): No. 3 – Miss J Kennedy
How can you help us as a Friend?
There are several ways in which you can help us and we hope you will find something among the suggested list below that appeals to you.
- Stewarding the Maidenhead Pavilion Friends Centre (The Friends’ own charity shop at the Museum) especially at weekends and during the week in school holidays. If interested contact Diane Thomas via the Museum or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donating unwanted presents, good condition bric-a-brac, books and toys to sell in the Friends Centre. You can leave all donations (no clothes please!) at the ticket office or bring into the Friends Centre if open. If bulky, please contact Diane Thomas (as above)
- Growing plants to sell at the Friends Centre (contact Diane Thomas, as above)
- Joining the team of jam/marmalade makers whose produce is sold in the Friends Centre. Clean jars and labels are supplied and you can be reimbursed for ingredients.
- Manning stalls at local fetes and shows to promote and raise the profile of the Museum
- Making cakes to sell
- Supporting us at social and fundraising events
- Joining the Friends Committee – we currently have vacancies.
If you can help, please send an email to email@example.com or contact as above.
Contacting the Friends
If you would like to contact the Friends of the Museum, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Secretary, Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum, Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4AB.