Our unique wedding venue
Chiltern Open Air Museum is a unique wedding venue in Buckinghamshire. Set in 45 acres of stunning Chilterns landscape and home to more than 30 rescued historic buildings ranging from an Iron Age roundhouse through Medieval barns and a working Victorian farm to a lovingly recreated 1940s Prefab, the Museum is the perfect venue for a quirky, vintage, shabby chic, rustic or historic-themed wedding reception. We are delighted to welcome same sex weddings. The Museum is also licensed for wedding ceremonies.
Our wedding packages include:
- Hire of one or more of our beautiful historic buildings for your reception
- Space to erect a marquee (if desired)
- Ample car parking for your guests
- No pricey ‘approved’ caterer or expensive corkage charge; you’re free to make arrangements to suit your own unique style and taste
- A relaxed atmosphere and beautiful scenery
- Use of the Museum’s buildings, gardens and grounds for your photographs
- Friendly, experienced staff to help you coordinate your special day
- Fun themed activities to keep younger (and older!) guests amused, ranging from historic cookery and shelter-building to story-telling, pond-dipping, traditional games and giant game hire*
- Horse and carriage rides for the happy couple and guests*
- Fairylights along the Museum hedgerow leading up the site
- Use of two patio heaters
- Prices start at an affordable £1900 for your special day
We’ll be very happy to show you around our beautiful site and wonderful historic buildings, and we can also recommend fantastic local caterers, photographers and a marquee company who are familiar with our site. To arrange a site visit and find out available dates please contact email@example.com or phone 01494 871 117.
All Fridays and weekends are now fully booked for 2017. We still have weekend availability for 2018 and 2019. Please contact our Wedding Team on 01494 871 117 firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
* You can also find us advertised on www.weddingspot.co.uk